Friday, April 19, 2013

~Beyond the Barricade~ Part 10

Sorry, guys, I haven't been on much. I've been really busy with play practice and homework and stuff. I'm really sorry! Anyway, here's the final part of ~Beyond the Barricade~! It's been so much fun writing it and hearing your feedback. So, my Combeferre fan fiction....I'm not sure what to do with it. Any suggestions of what I can do with the story? Anyway......


~Beyond the Barricade~ Part 10
Three years later
Angeline was getting ready. Her mother and father were taking her to the theatre for her nineteenth birthday. She had changed since that week years before. She didn't talk much anymore. Cosette and Marius didn't know what to do with her. She was very melancholy. The only time she was sincerely happy was when she was helping the poor. After she has seen the living conditions of Maria and Azelma, Angeline devoted all her time to helping the paupers of France. Cosette and Marius were proud, of course, but they could tell she was lonely. The leaving of Chandler had been hard on her. She had been heartbroken for days. After she had somewhat gotten over it, she refused to talk about him. For the first time in three years, Angeline was doing something for herself. She walked downstairs where her parents were waiting. 

"You look beautiful, Angeline." Her father said. 

"Thank you, Papa." She said, smiling her rare smile. The family walked to the theatre. 

They settled into their seats. Angeline saw the name of the play on a poster. She didn't make out the name of the play-write. She enjoyed the play immensely. It was humorous. But, for some odd reason, the female lead reminded Angeline of herself. But it was just a coincidence, she told herself. After the play was over, after the curtain had closed, the manager of the theatre came out. 

"I thought I would introduce the brilliant young mind behind this masterpiece. From a poor beginning, this man is well on his way to success. He's just 24! So without further ado, Chandler Molyneux!" 

The young man came onstage and Angeline felt numb. He smiled and took a bow, obviously a bit embarrassed. Before Angeline could control herself, she jumped up and screamed, "Chandler!"

Chandler looked up and saw Angeline. 

"Oh, Angeline!" He shouted. Before Angeline knew what she was doing, she ran out of her seat and onto the stage. She found herself in Chandler's strong arms, sobbing. He was stroking her hair. 

"Why did you leave me?" She whispered, burying herself in his neck. 

"I don't know, Angeline. I guess I didn't feel worthy of you." He said. She looked up and saw he was crying a bit. 

"I don't know why! I was in love with you! I still am." She said, forgetting that they were onstage. 

"I've never stopped thinking about you. There hasn't been a day when I haven't regretted leaving." 

"You should have come back!"

"I thought you'd hate me, Angeline." Chandler said, wiping a tear away. 

"Of course not! I love you...." She said. 

"I love you too!" 

And, while he embraced her, Angeline realized that the even the darkest nights will end and the sun will rise.  

Hope you enjoyed!
Over and Out!
Sydney 

No comments:

Post a Comment